Many you of you have probably tried, or at least heard of nitro coffee by now. If you haven’t, you need to check it out and go try some. Nitro Coffee has transformed the way we drink and enjoy a glass of coffee. Being a relatively new method of serving coffee, we love experimenting with it and trying new flavors and nitro coffee recipes!
This month, in the spirit of Fall and Halloween, and after stumbling through Trader Joe’s finding some all-in-one pumpkin spice we thought to ourselves, “I bet this would make for a really good flavor in coffee!”
So we came up with a super easy recipe to give your coffee a great pumpkin spice flavor, which is just awesome for this time of year! So here is probably the easiest Pumpkin Spice Syrup recipe you will come across!
Simple Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Granulated Table Sugar*
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 2 TBS Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice
- In a small saucepan, combine ingredients on stove top.
- Set heat to medium, stirring constantly until boiling.
- Let boil for a few minutes for the sugars to dissolve, and the spices to open up into the syrup.
- Let cool and transfer to a mason jar, or other vessel to keep your syrup in.
- Keep refrigerated.
Making your Pumpkin Spice Nitro Coffee
- Now that you have your cooled pumpkin Spice Syrup, put the desired amount of syrup into the bottom of your glass. We recommend 1-2 TBS depending on how sweet you like your coffee.
- Pour your nitro coffee straight down the glass and allow the pressure of the pour to mix the pumpkin spice syrup in.
- Garnish the frothy head on the nitro coffee with a light dusting of the Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice
*One alternative ingredient that we love to use instead of sugar for our cold brew coffees is Organic Agave Syrup. It is an excellent tasting alternative to table sugar and mixes in well with cold liquids.
This is just one of many ways (probably the easiest way) to make a pumpkin spice syrup that is great in hot coffee, iced coffee and nitro coffee! We have tried and come across many pumpkin syrup recipes, but many use a long list of ingredients, all of which you will find in this Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice, which is a warm blend of cinnamon, ginger, citrus, nutmeg, cloves and just a hint of cardamom. So rather than having top buy all of these ingredients individually, just make life easy and pick up one jar with everything in it… It only cost $1.99!
We hope you enjoy this simple recipe and it helps to inspire you to try new and different flavors in your cold brew and nitro coffee!
Looking for a way to make large batches of cold brew coffee?
Check out our Commercial Cold Brew System!